Join us tomorrow night for our scary-good October event! We’ll be hearing from two fabulous presenters: DreamWorld Studios and Young Entrepreneurs Academy. Here’s a little more about them:
DreamWorld Studios is a Lansing-based nonprofit that aims to provide underserved youth with professional instruction in fine and performing arts. They reach out to the community with fine arts college prep, open mic night fundraisers, and even morning dance parties! Tomorrow, they’re joining us to celebrate National Arts and Humanities month and teach us more about the positive impact of arts education. To learn more about DreamWorld Studios, visit their Facebook.
Young Entrepreneurs Academy
Young Entrepreneurs Academy is joining us for a second month. This after-school program teaches local high school students about entrepreneurship. YEA! students conduct research and pitch ideas to investors to launch their own companies. This month’s grant would help YEA! cover student registration fees and turn more students into successful entrepreneurs. For more info on Young Entrepreneurs Academy, check out their website!
We hope you’ll come out and support these two fantastic causes. No matter the outcome, it’s sure to be a good time – with lots of delicious soup! See you soon!
SoupGrant Lansing is hiring! (Sort of…) We are currently in need of a volunteer/intern who can take over our social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- First and foremost, a passion for the city of Lansing and surrounding region including (but not limited to) its entrepreneurs, neighborhoods, art, food and agriculture, non-profits, and socially conscious local business.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with social media.
- Ability to dedicate up to an hour a day to promoting SoupGrant Lansing, future events, past presenters and partners, and other relevant info on community happenings.
- Ability to identify and make contact with people whose projects may be good candidates for a SoupGrant.
- Ability to leverage existing media (including articles, videos, photos, etc.) and to brainstorm ideas for future media.
- Strong creative impulse and ability to work in a self-directed capacity.
- Ability to keep SoupGrant Lansing front-of-mind with our followers without overwhelming them.
- Ability to work well with a small, dedicated team of volunteers on shoe-string budget.
If you are interested in filling this role or know someone else who may be interested, please e-mail SoupGrantLansing@gmail.com!
While we are unable to offer any financial compensation and this position is being offered strictly on a volunteer basis, this is a great opportunity for someone to make connections around the city of Lansing and the tri-county region and beef up social media credentials with a growing organization.